Saturday, November 20, 2010

ABB Speed Shots (3 Flavors)

ABB is a very well known name in the world of body building.  Recently ABB contacted me about reviewing 3 flavors of their Speed Shots and I was more than happy to try them out.  I was a little nervous drinking a thermogenic energy drink after a stupid mistake involving Redline many years ago.  I summoned up the courage and decided to give Speed Shot a chance.



The Look:  Each Speed Shot comes in an 8.5 oz plastic container that has 2 servings in each bottle.  On the front of the bottle they have the word "Speed Shot" done the middle of the container in black lettering.  Towards the top of the bottle there is the ABB logo (which looks to of changed from a few years ago) that is an eagle with the words "ABB Performance" above it.  Turning the package around there a paragraph about Speed Shot being not only potent but containing zero sugar and zero calories.  Then of course you will also find on the packaging nutritional information and directions.  The only difference between flavors is a small amount of coloring is added on the bottle to reflect the flavor.  I really like the look and even size of the container.  Great job ABB.
(9 out of 10)


Taste:  I had no idea what to expect from these drinks in terms of flavor.  I have had many ABB products before when I used to go to the gym and I was always impressed.  I will give you a quick break down for each of the 3 flavors, starting with my personal favorite.
  Twisted Lime:  Twisted Lime shocked me with how good it tasted.  Have you ever had a lemon lime snow cone? It reminded me of a sugar free version of that.  This flavor tasted great and I had to be careful to not chug down the bottle.
(9 out of 10)
 Grape Frost:  The second flavor I tried out was Grape Frost.  Grape frost was pretty good.  It kind of has that grape cough medicine flavor to it, which isn't a bad thing.  I would easily choose this over many sugar free energy drinks on the market.
(8.5 out of 10)
 Fruit Punch:  The last flavor that I had was Fruit Punch.  My only gripe about Fruit Punch was that the medicinal taste was a bit more evident.  It was still very good and I have had far worse.
(7.5 out of 10)


Does It Work:  So these are labeled as "Intense Energy" drinks.  I know from previous experiences that if the bottle says start off with 1/4 of the bottle to assess tolerance, that I better treat these with some respect (Of course I started with 1/2 the bottle instead of 1/4). The first thing I learned about these drinks is that these are overpowering for when you work in an office.  I was filled with a massive amount of energy that made it very hard to sit in front of the computer running reports.  In fact I felt like going to my coworkers and challenging them chair races down the hallway after consuming just half of a bottle.  I forced myself to stay at my desk and I managed to fly through my work.  The next 2 times I tried this drink I saved them for the gym.  These shots shine when it comes to the gym.  I was able to blast through my cardio and knock out my weights with much more energy than usual.  I found that if you sip on this drink you can keep yourself energized for well over 6 hours with no crash.
This stuff is powered by (per bottle) 250 mg of caffeine, potassium, and their Proprietary Speed Shot Blend.  All this comes with (as I mentioned earlier) 0 g of sugar and 0 calories.
(9.5 out of 10) One of the strongest I have had

Overall Thoughts:  WOW!!! That sums up my thoughts very well.  ABB Speed Shots are excellent in every way.  The flavor was damn good, the packaging is pretty nice, and the kick is phenomenal.  Any energy freaks out there owe it to their selves  to try out at least one flavor of ABB Speed Shot.  Start with just half the bottle and then if you think you can handle more have a few more drinks.  This drink definitely gets the Caffeine A Holic seal of approval!

Official Site: http://www.americanbodybuilding.com/products/speed-shot-p-265.html

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *