Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rockstar Recovery Orange

A while back Rockstar released Rockstar Recovery Lemonade and it was a huge success.  It was a great tasting drink, with minimal carbs that was one of my go to, readily available energy drinks.  Now Rockstar is back with 2 new Recovery flavors: Orange and Grape.  Today I will be taking on the orange variety.  Let's see if Rockstar Recovery Orange can continue the success that Rockstar Recovery Lemonade created.



The Look: Rockstar makes some of the slickest cans on the market in my opinion.  This can is done in orange to match the flavor and has the same design as Rockstar Recovery Lemonade.  I think the orange looks a bit nicer than the yellow did and really makes the can look amazing.  Rockstar did everything right once again, and my hat goes off to them for listing the caffeine content instead of including it in an energy blend.
(9 out of 10)

Taste:  One of the things that drew me to Recovery Lemonade was the amazing flavor.  Upon cracking open the can I got a nice orange scent that reminds me of orange flavored Gatorade.  The taste also reminds me of an orange Gatorade, which is a plus because I really enjoy Gatorade.  There is no hint of caffeine in the taste department, and the fact there is no carbonation makes the drink go down very easily.  I think Recovery Lemonade was just a touch better in flavor, but Recovery Orange is still a damn good drink.
(8.5 out of 10)


Does It Work: One of the great things about the Recovery line is that you get some added ingredients that promote hydration along with providing a great boost of energy.  Inside each can of Rockstar Recovery Orange there are 20 calories, 2 grams of carbs, a handful of B vitamins, 80 mg of sodium, 2000 mg of taurine, 160 mg of caffeine, 100 mg of panax ginseng extract, 50 mg of prickly pear extract, and 40 mg of milk thistle extract.  As you can see Rockstar did not skimp on the ingredients here.  After finishing the entire can I started to got a great boost of energy within about 15-20 minutes.  The kick lasted for over 3 hours and ended with no crash.  I also got to test this after a night of heavy drinking and I easily noticed the addition of the extra ingredients that help to hydrate me.
(8 out of 10)


Overall Thoughts:  I am really glad that Rockstar decided to expand on the Recovery lineup.  As always you can tell that Rockstar put in a great deal of thought into the packaging, the taste, and even the ingredients.  I have started seeing these almost everywhere lately and I highly suggest that you give them a try when you find one.  Rockstar Recovery Lemonade is still my favorite of the 3 but I am glad to see more choices.

Official Website: http://www.rockstar69.com/

42 comments:

Anonymous said...

So is it best to drink Rockstar Recovery before you go out or after a night of drinking? Does it prevent or cure hangover?

Caffeine A Holic said...

@Sunny It has things like the Prickly Pear Extract that are known to aid in hangovers. I tried it the next morning and noticed a huge difference.

lycan_warlord said...

YEAH WELL SHIT, SIGN ME UP! and i remember hearing about that prickly pear extract. good to know

Tim Romero said...

i tried the monster rehab and that was pretty good, but i still have yet to try the rockstar recovery.
Email xvenomx12x@live.com

Unknown said...

the can looks good, but what about the flavor?

Suraj said...

I'd like to get this!! Sounds like a great energy drink.

Twitter: @SV11bucksfan

Unknown said...

3 hours no crash? sounds good to me

justin wilcox said...

the can looks fresh and it sounds like it would be a party in a can. whats not to love about this product party like a rockstar kick a little ass! whoop whoop! kravenkarnage@Hotmail.com

Matt said...

I really like the fact that there was no crash after the 3 hours. I'm gonna have to check this out when it comes to Canada

@_M317

Unknown said...

I'm curious.

Max Georges said...

Wow, this looks really good. I'm gonna have to try it.

Twitter: @Pokedude97

Dylan said...

It's worth a try. Badger3912@aol.com

Tori said...

ooh that sounds really good. I just started drinking Rockstar so I'm still trying to try them all before I choose favorites.

Twitter: @evilpokesalot

Andy (Tankyroo) said...

I've wanted to try Rockstar for a while, I just never got around to it, Hope i win a can :D

tankyroo@gmail.com

Smurff said...

Looks interesting, can't wait to try.

Twitter: @_Smurff_

Unknown said...

It does look really good.. want one now!

FL1PSID3 said...

I'll give it a try.

email: etorrejas90@yahoo.com

Fragger said...

I'm entering. =P

@lFraggerl
(those are lowercase L's)

Anonymous said...

sounds good
email: darkstar12010@aim.com

Unknown said...

Consider me a man that needs a lot of recovery. This would be perfect.

Jens said...

Nice, really eager to taste it!
Twitter: @jensredbull

Hustle said...

Huge fan of the Rockstar drinks, especially the lemonade and guava ones. Orange and Grape? Definitely excited for those.

Twitter: @HustleLOP

Frank Kerner said...

I really want this!

fkerner@my.uno.edu

Chad said...

I'm still looking for these here. Arg. Teh twitters @LoganDX

Dean said...

Haven't heard of the Rockstar Recovery yet, would love to try it out
E-mail: Jellybean184@aol.com

Liza767 said...

never heard or tried would love to win thanks

Liza767 [at] roadrunner [dot] com

Marisa said...

Never tried any of the Rockstar Recovery flavors but these don't sound half-bad. Low carb is a huge plus.

Unknown said...

Just became a huge fan of the Lemonade, pretty anxious to try whatever new flavor I see (liking the sound of orange).

Tree_BooBoo_Johnson said...

I would be willing to try these out. My twitter name is @wheredabiscuits

Unknown said...

Orange anything is the best thing

Shane200@gmail.com

VD said...

Reviews sounds good, but I really have to test the drink out to see what you're talking about. Hope I win.

Joel said...

Review made it sound really tasty! I love drinking new Energy drinks, so I hope I win!

Twitter: CaptainSkulls

Apathy said...

I'm a big fan of the Rockstar Recovery Lemonade. I actually bought a 24 pack case off their website since I can't find the stuff around here. Really excited to give the orange flavor a try, but I'm not sure about the grape one. Thanks for the contest! I just linked back to my account on CAG.

Sexy.Poot@Yahoo.com said...

Commenting! Hope to win. These look great!

Chris Windham said...

I've actually never drank a Rockstar before. I've had Monster, Full Throttle, Amp, Red Bull, etc, but not Rockstar.

Kevin said...

I would like to try any of these

Twitter: kevinc23459

Erin said...

This sounds pretty sweet. Sign me up!

glycine.max at gmail.com

Matt said...

I want them!

matt@alby.org

none said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mcjoshua said...

I need to find Monster M^3 and Rehab. These look great though.

mcjoshua@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. More than gatorade, think of the orange Hi-C from McDonalds. With a hint of sweetener aftertaste as can be expected.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I tried this stuff last night for the first time. I'm 50 years old and had to 'recover' from a 4 day booze binge with high school buds. Was reading the sunday funnies when it kicked and holy crap did things get weird. I was super emotional and hyper aware then I crashed after a few hours. I never had anything like this before and it was downright scary. Don't recommend it to anyone.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *