Thursday, December 16, 2010

Unwind Citrus Orange

College finals out of the way, check.  Christmas shopping done, check.  Work week over, almost.  This time of the year stress seems to be everywhere, so I figured another relaxation beverage review sounds like the way to go.  Today I will be taking on the citrus orange flavor of Unwind.



The Look:  Unwind Citrus Orange comes in an orange and silver 12 oz can.  I was kind of shocked to see Unwind come in only a 12 oz can since most of the relaxation beverage are 16 oz.  On the front of the can the word Unwind is printed vertically with the words "Ultimate Relaxation" underneath it.  On the back of the can they talk about the unique blend  of ingredients that help make Unwind unique.  Nothing fancy here but it gets the job done.
(7.5 out of 10)


Taste:  I have 3 flavors of Unwind for review but I wanted to start with the citrus orange because it is a unique flavor for a relaxation beverage (most seem to be grape).  The taste of Unwind Citrus Orange can best be described as diet orange soda.  A great orange flavor without being syrupy or overly sweet.
(8.5 out of 10)


Does It Work:  I am going to quote the passage on the back of the can:
"Unwind blends antioxidant-rich acai and goji fruit juices, with natural calming ingredients like valerian root, melatonin and passion flavor, providing a low calorie antidote for a stressful day, while preparing your body for a fresh start tomorrow."
This passage sums up the ingredient list quite nicely.  The entire can of Unwind only has 40 calories and 10g of sugar with a few B vitamins thrown in as well.  Unwind has a much more mild relaxation than other relaxation beverages I have tried.  This is not a bad thing, as I don't always want a drink to have that "Nyquil" effect after I consume it.  Unwind did it's job and helped me forget about all my worries from the day and left me quite relaxed.
(7.5 out of 10)  Mild relaxation without being put asleep

Overall Thoughts:  If you want a relaxation drink that will help you "destress" then I think Unwind is a great choice.  It leaves you still able to function while still helping you unwind from the stress of the day.

Official Website:  http://frontierbeverage.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

april brooks said...

I was just wondering yesterday of anything like this existed. Sometimes I have to take a sudafed for my allergies and they make me feel kind of speedy sometimes. Which I personally hate!

Katie said...

I definitely prefer stuff that has an orange rather than grape flavor. Unless the grape is combined with Acai or something else along those lines.

I love orange soda so I may have to pick up a can of this. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *