Tuesday, April 26, 2011

ConTact Caffeine Soap

Over the last several weeks I have been trying out a wonderful caffeine infused soap by a company called Con*Tact Caffeine.  Not only does this soap wake you up with a great amount of caffeine but it also leaves you smelling great with the huge variety of scents they offer. 



The Look:  Each bar of soap is about 2 inches in diameter and has a paw print that is on top (The reason for the paw print was to help the company stand out at conventions.  I found that the paw print also acts as a great way to provide an extra grip to the bar of soap).  Depending on the scent, the color and graphic design (on the outer packaging) are different.   Each bar is wrapped in plastic wrap with a round sticker on top.  Really there isn't much you can do with soap packaging but I think these look great and are top notch.
(8.5 out of 10) 


Taste  Scent: I tried out 3 varieties of soap and each one was fantastic.  I tried out Werewolf, Absinthe, and Yuzu.  The Werewolf is a great scent that has a nice spice smell combined with a very "manly scent".  The Yuzu has citrusy tones mixed in with it and makes for one of the better smelling soaps I have ever used.  The most unique of the 3 was the Absinthe.  I don't know how to describe this scent but I can tell you it smells great.
All 3 of the samples I got impressed me greatly.
(9 out of 10)

Does It Work:  Caffeineated soaps mix the caffeine directly into the soap.  As you lather up the soap on your body, the caffeine slowly absorbs into your skin.  When trying out the soap I lathered up my entire body and let it sit for about a minute or so before I rinsed it off.  Within just a few minutes I could definitely feel the caffeine doing it's job.  I went from half asleep to actually feeling quite energized.  I tried 2 different techniques when using the soap: I lathered directly from the bar to my body and then I also used a scrubby pouf.  I found the scrubby pouf method seemed to work a bit better but I could tell the difference no matter how I applied the soap to my body.
The website claims that each bar of soap contains the caffeine equivalent to a strong cup of coffee in each usage.  I would say this is pretty accurate and I was able to make it several hours in the morning before I felt the need to reach for an energy drink.
(7.5 - 8 out of 10) This number could be higher of lower depending on how long you let it sit on the skin and how you apply it.

Overall Thoughts:  I have tried out several caffeinated soaps and this has to be one of my favorites so far.  Not only do they smell fantastic (seriously you need to get a bar and see what I mean) but they actually work great.  If you are one of those people like me that are not a morning person, then you need to grab a bar of Con*Tact Caffeine Soap and help kick start you mornings before you even leave the shower. There are over 30 varieties of soap, you are sure to find one that you fall in love with.  Also they offer caffeine free version of their soaps for those people looking for a great soap minus the caffeine.

Official Website: http://www.contactcaffeine.com/

5 comments:

Unknown said...

First I'm hearing of this. Skeptical but if you say they work..hm.. Quite intrigued to try some myself.

Caffeine A Holic said...

This won't jolt you awake like an energy drink or coffee but I gurantee you will feel it.

Julie said...

Wow! That's crazy. Normally I'd wave of caffeine soap as some kind of gimicky scam, but your review has made me curious to try it. Do you have any idea how it works?

Caffeine A Holic said...

Julie the caffeine gets absorbed through the skin.
Just like nicotine and other substances can be absorbed this way ,so can caffeine.

Carlizard said...

I've tried it and I agree it's fantastic. I've used Creamsicle (which is a very sweet smelling soap) and Green Tea (nice and neutral scent). My sister is absolutely in love with Stormy Night and we both agree the soap is a great boost to our mornings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *