Monday, February 25, 2013

Bing Black

Almost 2 years ago I reviewed an energy drink called Bing.  It was at the time and still is one of the best cherry flavored energy drinks I have ever tried.  Recently I saw Bing had a new flavor coming out so I contacted them to see if I could acquire some for review.  Luckily for me, Bing was very happy to have someone try out the newest addition to the Bing family and sent me some samples to try out.

The Look: The look of Bing Black is very similar to the original Bing.  The colors have been inverted so the can is primarily black with red and gold lettering.  For me this color scheme works very well and is very pleasant to the eye. On the back of can you will find the supplement facts and warning label (with the caffeine content clearly listed).
(9 out of 10)

Taste: Bing set the bar high with their original drink so I had very high hopes for Bing Black.  I have never had a blackberry flavored energy drink that I can remember so I was not sure what to expect.  When I took the first sip I was greeted with the taste of actual blackberries (guessing this is due to the 5% juice that is added)  and a good amount of carbonation.  Just like the original Bing, Bing Black scores very well in the taste department.
(8.5 out of 10)

Does It Work:  Each can of Bing Black is powered by 122 mg of caffeine, 8 grams of sugar, vitamin C, several B vitamins, ginkgo biloba, ginseng root extract, beta-glucan, guarana seed extract, acai berry extract, and flax seed extract.  You get all this with only 40 calories and no high fructose corn syrup.
After drinking the 12 ounce can I got a very nice pick me up that lasted around 3 hours with no crash at all.
(8.5 out of 10)

Overall Thoughts: With Bing Black, Bing has proven that they are not a "one trick pony".  They took such a unique flavor like blackberry and made it work very well in an energy drink.  The packaging looks fantastic and the kick is pretty solid as well.  If you are looking for a low calorie, low carb drink that will get you moving, I highly recommend giving Bing Black a shot.

Official Site: http://getbinged.com/


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love Bing Black!!!

mygodreigns said...

I've been drinking Bing cherry for about 8 months now. I originally purchased it on a whim at my local grocery store because they had it on sale - and I've been hooked ever since. A few months ago I enrolled in the auto-ship program on Amazon to save a few bucks. Then tonight I happened to be on Amazon (shopping for something else) and came across the new Bing Black, so naturally I had to order some. I've always loved blackberries and I'm excited to try what I suspect will become my new favorite energy drink.

Unknown said...

This was good, but I like the original better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *