Sunday, November 7, 2010

Crunk Juce Watermelon

Recently while on vacation, I discovered another alcoholic energy beverage that I bought for review.  The name of the drink is Crunk Juce and it has a whopping 12% alc/vol crammed into a 24 oz can.  You get the alcohol of about 5 beers plus the added energy ingredients to keep you partying all night long.


The Look:  There are 3 flavors of Crunk Juce currently available.  The flavor I have for review is Crunk Juce Watermelon.  To go with the flavor they use pink and green coloring for the top and the bottom of the can.  They have a really cool black faded middle part to the can with writing done in white and silver.  One thing that I believe is very responsible of Crunk Juce is that they went overboard in making sure everyone knows that this drink is not for kids.  Along the top of the can they printed "contains alcohol" all around the can.  The also have a graphic that says "we i.d." and another that says "no minors".  Major props to these guys for putting all of that on the can.
(9 out of 10)  

Taste:  From my experience any of the energized alcoholic beverages are not bought for the flavor.  The first thing I noticed when I opened the can was a wonderful candied watermelon scent.  So I threw my head back and took my first big drink.  The candied watermelon is the first flavor that you will experience until the strong aftertaste.  The aftertaste on this is much different than Four Loko and didn't make me want to spit it out afterwards.  I still wouldn't call the flavor "enjoyable" but it is one of the best tasting alcoholic energy beverage I have had so far.
(6.5 out of 10

Does It Work:  I am not expecting these type of drinks to fill me with massive amount of energy.  I expect them to get me drunk and provide a moderate energy boost in the process.  After drinking half of the can I knew that I was going to be in for a strong buzz.  Half way through I started to get that feeling where my whole body became slightly warmed and I was grinning ear to ear.  I finished the entire can over the course of about an hour and I was feeling VERY good afterwards.  Considering the Crunk Juce was the only alcohol I had all night, I was borderline hammered.  Seriously, do not take these things lightly.  I would personally stick with just one of these and then maybe enjoy some other types of drinks afterwards.  If you just have to have another please don't drink more than two because you could wind up in a very bad way. 
Anyway along with the 12% alc/vol you also get caffeine, ginseng, and guarana to add some fun to the night.  My rating isn't based on energizing effect but overall effect.
(10 out of 10)

Overall Thoughts:  So this is easily one of my favorite drinks in the caffeinated premium malt beverage category.  With all the legal trouble that these types of drinks are in as of late, I recommend that if you try one to do it soon before they ban the sales of them.  I believe I picked this up for around 3 dollars which makes it a fantastic value for a night of partying.  As long as you are of age and responsible then go out and give Crunk Juce a try and let me know your thoughts. 

Official Website:  http://www.crunkjuce.com/

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Thanks for the cool review. I have only had Four Loko but would like to find this a try it now.

Caffeine A Holic said...

I found this to be much tastier than Four Loko

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thanks for doing this site. I'm always interested in trying new products and saw a ton that I've never heard of. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Useful blog website, keep me personally through searching it, I am seriously interested to find out another recommendation of it.

Anonymous said...

Since they banned four lokos I ran into a store and bought like 20 of em, now I only have 4 left lol. I tried CJ's a couple days ago. Not a common drink at all appareantly... and the guy at the store I bought em at said he sold out except for a case of the ones I bought to try...I agree the aftertaste is so much better than 4'S! Id say I feel a bit closer to F-d up than with 4'S. Good drink I'm just comfused as to why they're on sale after 4's were banned. HELLO CJ'S! :)

Anonymous said...

There is a re-formulated version of the CJ out now (sans-caffeine). Currently it has been introduced into the CT market, and the reviews have been pretty good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *