Saturday, November 6, 2010

Monster Dub Edition

Finally after endless searching I finally managed to get a hold of a Monster Dub Edition for review.  I would think that a drink by a company as big as Monster would be easier to find....



The Look:  There are two different versions of the can that I have seen.  One is a 32 oz and the version I got is an 18.6 oz can that has the same top as a Monster Import.  I really like the color scheme of Monster Dub.  The can is done in black while the M in the middle is done in a gold color with a purple outline.  The color scheme for the can really looks slick and is possibly one of my favorite Monster cans.  Like all the other Monster cans my only gripe is that I wish they would list the caffeine content.
(9 out of 10)


Taste:  The last "new" Monster I had was nothing unique in terms of taste.  I was really hoping the Monster Dub would bring something new to the table for flavoring.  When I opened up the can I got a very pleasant scent that reminded me of grape soda.  Of course being that it is made by Monster you can expect traces of the original Monster to be lingering in with the other flavors.
(8.5 out of 10)


Does It Work:  Monster has always done fairly well in the kick department and Monster Dub Edition is no exception.  Powering each can of Dub there is 253 calories, 64.4 g of sugar, 2300 mg of taurine,184 mg of caffeine, multiple B vitamins, ginseng, and 5750 mg of Monster's energy blend.  After drinking the can down I got a very nice energy boost that was above your average energy drink in terms of kick.  I was filled with energy for around 3 and half hours and it all came to an end with a very slight crash.
(8 out of 10)


Overall Thoughts:  As usual Monster has delivered a very good drink.  The packaging is one of the slickest looking Monster cans to date and the taste is a nice change.  I really wish Monster Dub was easier to find and available where ever Monster was sold.  Monster fans will definitely want to give this a try.  If you manage to find one of these I can easily recommend it.

Official Website: http://www.monsterenergy.com/

8 comments:

Kiva Diva said...

Is it me or do all monster drinks taste the same?

Katie said...

Ew... grape? I don't like grape much. Which I remember telling you in email. lol

Chris C. said...

I don't think its grape flavored. It reminds me of a blackberry and blueberry mix. It's awesome! And here in Tulsa, OK you can find DUB edition almost anywhere monster is sold :)

Anonymous said...

Monster DUB is by far the best drink on the market, the closest store to me that has them is an hour away and I have a friend stop through there to pick them up for me. If you haven't tried one, don't, they are definitely crack yummy.

Anonymous said...

You can find them at "Big Lots" Its the only monster they have...and the best part is all they have are 32oz ones and they are only $1.50!!!!!!! Cheap!

Anonymous said...

I agree with anon. I go to big lots twice a week weekend n central Oklahoma. I buy 150-175 depending on the amount needed
I have made a little business out of it and purchase them for 1.50 then store then in a refrigerator in my school yearbook classroom I sell them for three dollars cold throughout the day. I give the journalism club 20% of all profits and that allows me to be "school sponsored" meaning I cannot get in trouble. This has been very good for me and I have now expanded to two schools. Every day at lunch I look from our second story commons to the lunchroom below and see a can or two at each and every table. Best thing about this is you can order large amounts from big lots even pallets! PS my name is Jacob didn't want to make an account to comment

Anonymous said...

I really don't see why all the reviews say this is grape... There is NOTHING grape about it o.O

Anonymous said...

you can find them at Dollar Tree

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *