Monday, April 4, 2011

Monster Rehab

After over a month of searching, I finally found Monster Rehab sitting on the shelves next to the other Monster drinks.  I am sure the cashier probably thought I was crazy, considering how excited I was to be buying an energy drink.  Without further rambling, here is my review of Monster Rehab.



The Look:  This can looks beautiful.  Everything from the black top, to the gold/yellow coloring really makes this can stand out on the shelf. The way the colors are blended, it almost looks like flames in the background behind the big, Monster "M".  There is a great passage about the drink on the back, that is very well written and of course nutritional information on the back as well.  The only fault I have with the entire can is the fact the caffeine content is not listed, but rather included in the "Rehab Energy Blend".  This can is one of my favorite in the entire Monster Lineup.
(9.5 out of 10)


Taste:  Let me start of this section by letting you know that I am not a huge fan of tea.  So when I saw the the flavor is listed as a Tea and Lemonade flavor, I was a bit worried that it might not appeal to me.  I popped open the can almost immediately after leaving the gas station, on my way to night class.  The first thing that hits you is the great lemonade flavor that is used.  I am pretty shocked that the lemon taste so natural considering the drink is low carb.  After the lemonade flavor settles, the tea flavor comes in very lightly and works perfectly with the lemon.  I would put the ratio at about 75% lemonade flavor to 25% tea.  The natural flavors (including 5% juice) make this my favorite Monster drink to date.  There is absolutely no caffeine bitterness or aftertaste.
(9 out of 10)


Does It Work:  The biggest thing that sets this apart from the other Monster drinks (besides the lack of carbonation) is the added electrolytes and the addition of several ingredients in the Rehab Blend.  Inside each can of Monster Rehab there are 20 calories, 6 grams of carbs (6 grams of sugar), 4% vitamins C, 100% of multiple B vitamins, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, taurine, an undisclosed amount of caffeine, black tea extract, milk thistle, coconut water, quercetin, l-carnitine, acai extract, goji berry, and mangosteen extract.  As you can see Monster rally loaded this drink up with all kinds of good stuff.  I was caught off guard by the strength of Monster Rehab.  The drink isn't hardcore by any means but it seemed to keep me going longer and harder than other Monster drink.  The entire experience lasted about 4 hours and there was no crash involved at the end.  Judging by the ingredients inside, this should be a great drink for after a heavy night of drinking as well (I have not tested that yet).
(8.5 out of 10)


Overall Thoughts:  Rockstar Recovery, you better watch out because there is another hydration/energy drink on the block now.  Monster might of been "late to the party" but they truly delivered on Monster Rehab.  You get a bad ass looking can, a killer flavor, and a kick that delivers...what else are you waiting for?  Give a Monster Rehab a try and let me know your thoughts.

Official Website: http://www.monsterenergy.com/

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well written. great job CaffieneAHolic.
--Stan

Anonymous said...

Do you thinks it's healthier than other monster drinks?

Popsikle said...

The ingredients put it at one of the healthiest energy drinks out there.

Anonymous said...

Kaos used to be my go-to Monster... now Rehab is.

Just a clarification on the ingredients... you put the entire can of calories, but just a single serving of the rest. So double everything else for the whole can.

Nicely done, Monster!

Anonymous said...

This is now a must for me went and bought a couple cases from a locoal BJS club. I drink at least 2 while at work while i cook.

Unknown said...

Rehab is the best energy drink tastes good low cal. And keeps me going all day I don't drink sodas no more just rehab and I've lost 20 lbs I drink 3-4 a day and no crash I love it

Anonymous said...

I have been drinking these since they came out. I worked at a underground mine for years running off of monster rehabs during 14 hour shifts. my only complaint is they make me piss like a race horse. seriously I drink one and an hour later im pissing out a gallon of cleat urine. its very odd. im drinking one right now by the way. the "pink lemonade" very tasty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *