Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sheets Energy Strips

Today I am going to take a Sheet.  Actually I am going to take two Sheets.  Before you get all grossed out, I am referring to the new energy strip on the market called Sheets.  Sheets Energy Strips are little strips that you let dissolve on the tongue (kinda like LSD but legal and no hallucinations, sorry).  Each strip is loaded with vitamins and caffeine to help kick your butt into gear.  Let's see if taking a Sheet can get me going, or if the company is "full of Sheet".....


The Look: Sheets Energy Strips come in a little cardboard sleeve with 4 individually, foil wrapped strips.  Sheets did a fantastic job on the packaging.  On the front there is a picture of a smiley face putting a Sheets on his tongue.  The image and several of the bits of writing on the front are done in very cool style that is slightly raised from the rest of the packaging.  On the back you get all the usual warnings, nutritional information, etc. 

Sheets did it all right in my eyes: listed the caffeine content, kept everything uncluttered, and made a very cool looking package. I really like how they even put the little smiley face using Sheets directly onto each strip, very cool.  
(9.5 out of 10) 

Taste:  There are currently 2 flavors available of Sheets at the moment: Cinnamon Rush and Berry Blast.  My favorite of the 2 was Cinnamon Rush.  I find that cinnamon flavored items do a fantastic job of masking any hint of caffeine in almost anything, and this was no exception.  
The berry blast flavor caught me off guard a bit.  When I first put it on my tongue, it tasted almost like a fruit roll-up for a few seconds.  A few seconds later, there was a bit of a spiciness that kicked in that complimented the berry flavor quite well.  
Sheets did a fantastic job at masking the caffeine taste on these.
Cinnamon Rush  (9 out of 10)
Berry Blast (8.5 out of 10)

Does It Work:  Each package contains 4 strips and there are 2 strips in a serving (That is 2 servings per package for those slow at math).  Each serving contains 100 mg of caffeine, vitamin E, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, biotin, and pantothenic acid.  As you can see Sheets kept the ingredient list simple with stuff that works. It took about 10 minutes after I let both strips dissolve on my tongue for me to start to feel the effects.  It was nothing overwhelming but it was noticeable.  I was able to go through my morning work day without the need for an energy drink.  This was actually the perfect amount of pick me up for work.
(8 out of 10)

Overall Thoughts:  The Sheets commercial made me laugh a bit the first time I saw it.  I figured that Sheets Energy Strips were just some new money making scheme that would fade away soon.  After trying them however, I am officially sold on these wonderful little strips.  You get the power of a standard sized energy drink in a package that you can take any where and they taste pretty damn good. 


                                   

Official Website:  http://www.takeasheet.com

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Addicted to RedBull, trying to replace with Sheets Strips. Red Bull $$$$$ too expensive. Will Sheets do the trick? Where do you buy them?

Anonymous said...

I love them

Anonymous said...

I agree, Redbull is to expensive due to them supporting all there money losing racing teams. Sheets it is for me...

Anonymous said...

The only place I've seen them have been at Speedway gas station ay the front desk or the median with the other speedy rewards deals......actually I saw a pack of 10 at GNC at the checkout desk.

PHILosophy

Anonymous said...

Just saw them! At Walgreens!!! I buy mine at Walmart!

Anonymous said...

I have yet to see them at my Walmart, but they do have them at Walgreens. CVS told me they are putting them on the shelves soon as well. They are pretty expensive but they do work, also they seem to increase my desire for sex for some reason. None of the other energy drinks have ever done that. IDK why, and maybe it's a mental thing. But the husband sure loves it, must be why I got about 10 packs from "Santa" in my stocking.

Zauber Paracelsus said...

I tried one of the berry ones just a moment ago. Not so spicy, but the thing was BITTER. Got a laugh out of my brother for the faces I was making, though.

Anonymous said...

I get up at 4am so this product worked for me I buy mine at Walgreens and there's not a big crash at the end of the day. Love THEM.

Anonymous said...

I just tried one of the berry ones and it was disgusting. The taste is horrible. I figured I try them since they were running a register reward promotion on them at Walgreens that made them free. If I had to pay for them they would be left on the shelf.

Anonymous said...

The berry is absolutely disgusting! I wanted to take 2 to get desired effects and I can't stomach thinking about putting another one on my tongue :/

Tomnationwide said...

Flavor and aftertaste is not great but this is m favorite energy supplement since it came in cheaper than Rock Ons

Tomnationwide said...

The taste isn't as good as it could be but this if the best bang for your buick this side of Rock Ons

Anonymous said...

You can get them at pretty much every cvs there is....

Anonymous said...

tried the berry one, tastes amazing. I had to take four though before I felt anything...

Anonymous said...

tried the mint flavor. overwhelming yuck! gave me a buzz and made me sleepy. later had a headache. no more for me.

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't recommend contains a very harmful chemical called "N,2,3-Trimethyl-2-isopropylbutamide" that is responsible for flavor. EU describes the chemical as dangerous and says to be cautious around it not to ingest it

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *