Saturday, July 10, 2010

Tru Blood

With True Blood being one of HBO's most popular shows then why not start making some extra money off it right?  Now you can have yourself a Tru Blood to help quench your cravings.  Sure it is not real blood but who cares it sure looks cool.



The Look:  First I want to say I am guilty as being a big fan of True Blood.  So my opinion on the look might be slightly biased a bit.  Basically they made the bottles look exactly like the True Bloods from the show.  The bottle is done in a very nice blood colored glass with Chinese symbols actually on the bottle.  On the front you get the Tru Blood name with the flavor underneath it, Blood Orange.  On the back of the bottle they listed the ingredient list and nutritional facts.  Pretty cool that fans of the show can now have a replica bottle of some real Tru Blood.
(9 out of 10) 


Taste:  Tru Blood has a very nice orange taste to it with a very light amount of carbonation.  They managed to make a very tasty orange drink that is very refreshing.  I am surprised they didn't add some iron to it to give it a bit more of a novelty feel.
(8.5 out of 10)


Does It Work:  Tru Blood is powered by 99 calories, 24g of sugar (not bad for a 14 oz drink), 100% vitamin B6, 100% vitamin B12, 100% folic acid, 165% niacin, and 50 mg of caffeine.  There isn't much of a buzz here but you will get a slight pick me up from the B vitamins and minimal amount of caffeine.  I would put the little buzz that you do get from each bottle at around the 2 hour mark with no crash.
(6.5 out of 10)


Overall Thoughts:  This is purely a novelty product but a pretty cool one in my opinion.  For fans of the tv show this is worth checking out.  Unfortunately this is some pricey stuff.  I managed to get a 4 pack for about 24 bucks from Hot Topics but you can also order it from their website for the same price after shipping.  I wonder if this drink sells well if they might do a V energy shot because that would be pretty cool.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOw......I would TOTALLY buy one of those! Where can you get them I wonder?

Christie0110 said...

If you are a fan of the show, you know you wanna try this or be seen with it.

Taste is unique, bottle is dead on.

I could only hope thie drink could take off as the show did.
Perhaps offer differnt flavors noted as differnt blood types.

Agreed with the review I would so get the V shot - if was such a thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *